My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Wednesday 6 February 2013

W.I.P - A country house and a failed hard disk!

Hi everyone!

I apologize for my absence these past few weeks, but my laptop's hard disk has failed me...completely!
However, I was lucky, because my laptop is made from Dell, and Dell's customer service is the BEST! And I mean it. The guys are simply the best professionals I have dealt with (and trust me, even though I am a polite person, I wouldn't say that if this wasn't the case). They changed it (I managed to save some of my files) in no time! 
If you want to buy a new computer, buy a Dell (and no, I don't take any money from them). :-)

In our subject now, I haven't stayed idle during these days, as you will see in the photo below. I am struggling to make a country house (made from stone). A rather difficult task, since everything is made from foamcore, embossed card and other materials I haven't worked with so far.



So, stay tuned, cause I am going to pest you with new posts in the forthcoming future. I have a new hard disk!! :-)

Cheers everyone!
T.

10 comments:

  1. I hear your pain regards the harddrive, both my wife and niece have had harddrives fail on them in the last few weeks

    Looking forward to being pestered

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. damned hard-drives!! it's always a problem which could happen, and unfortunately, we don't think (or take the time!) to save our files in an external one!
    Looking forward at your new project...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're back on the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back. I know the problems with computers as I'm still working on a very second hand mac. My pal has an 18 month old Dell he wants to get rid of and I'm looking forward to getting it. Then I too can get back into some serious blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to have you back! its always hard using new materials butit all pays off eventually. anyway I like how the house is coming along so far. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure were lucky with those few files you saved! Always remember to have a backup, because it can happen to anyone, anytime. The house looks great. and I am curious to see how it comes out.

    FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice progress, Mr. T. Welcome back from the HRD-DRV attack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bad luck with the hard disk, but glad Dell were on the ball with their support. Having a back-up is so important (as I learnt when my last mac died and I hadn't backed up for months!)

    That Country House is looking very impressive so far, I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house is excellent! Sorry to hear about the hard disc... looking forward to learning more about the scratch build!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete