My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Wednesday 2 May 2012

ITALERI #7024, VW TYP 82 KUBELWAGEN

Good day guys!

A Bank holiday yesterday and a small break took place. I took advantage of it and managed to finish two little models, that I am sure you all know about. Behold, the famous and magnificent Kubelwagen! I bought Italeri's #7024 kit, last Saturday and since it consists of two models per kit, I came up to the decision of following two colour variations in terms of painting. I painted one in early war colours (panzer grey) and one in late war (dunkelgelb) colours. The models were built in 10-15 minutes each, their details were nice and crisp, but there was a little problem - Italeri doesn't provide any drivers for these vehicles, so you have to come with an idea (or other spare figs) to fill the driver's seat. This isn't a big deal, but, I think they should be included in the kit.

On with the photos then:










If someone wants to include these little daemons in his army for his officers, this kit does seem appealing (except for this little drawback I mentioned earlier).

I hope you like 'em!
C&C are more than welcome!
T.

21 comments:

  1. nice one. the last pic make them look like they are about to race each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, what figs did you use, Prieser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Dan!
      The fig in the grey kubelwagen, is from a caesar's kit, I never managed to paint and the one in the dunklgelb, is from Zvezda's 20mm A/A gun (same story as with the Caesar kit).

      Delete
  3. Excellent work Thanos, I like the camouflage pattern a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias mate!
      Since I don't have an aerograph, I used paper stencil and sprays.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! The weathering really brings these to life, great work Thanos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I am afraid I cannot reach your level of painting, but I reckon that they'd fill the task for wargames reasons. :-)

      Delete
  5. Damn nice work on both but the dunklegelb came out especially well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Fran!
      Paper stencil and sprays...That's it really!

      Delete
  6. Superb work Thanos! I hate kits without drivers or pilots.

    Great detailing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Paul.
      I never understood why they're doing that...it's common sense really. But, then again, who lost it in order to for others to find it???

      Delete
  7. Really well done. The Kubelwagon is one of those iconic vehicles of WW2 and you have finished them superbly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mate! I always liked this vehicle.

      Delete
  8. Really nice modelling there Thanos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice pair of models, the camo one is particularly impressive; much better than my attempt on the Airfix kit! I also think it's annoying that so many kits don't include drivers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great addition with those drivers. And the cars are very well painted. Might get me a pair of these cars to! ;-)

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete